Men 2 Men (M2M) Sexual Health Project Coordinator (Part-time)
In this role, the successful candidate will be reporting to the Director of Education & Outreach. The position will be located in our Windsor office at 511 Pelissier St.
The Part-time M2M Sexual Health Project Coordinator contributes to the program’s goal of reducing the transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections, as well as improving the overall health and well-being of gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM) in Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent. This position will also work in collaboration with the full-time M2M Sexual Health Coordinator.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Implement the activities as outlined in the M2M Project workplan and budget in line with the ACW’s strategic plan and funding objectives.
- Represent the agency during provincial Gay Men’s Sexual Health (GMSH) teleconferences and face-to-face meetings.
- Establish, facilitate, and maintain collaborative partnership opportunities with local health and social based agencies that serve gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM).
- Program development, planning and facilitation of youth support group, Young & Proud (Y&P).
- Provide approximately 7 hours of online outreach per week on topics including sexual health, HIV prevention and STI information to MSM through dating sites during late evening hours.
- Assist with the delivery of educational training and workshops to LGBTQ youth.
- Identify and refer clients to Client Support Services when case management is needed.
- Assist with the development of M2M Project promotional materials.
- Program delivery on weekends and evenings including overnight travel.
- Gather and maintain data with regards to online outreach and Y&P youth group to complete reports required by the Public Health Agency of Canada, such as the Performance Management Tool (PMT).
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of gay men’s HIV prevention research findings with particular emphasis on prevention strategies for reaching the diverse communities of MSM;
- Experience with program planning, development, implementation, and evaluation;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with staff, volunteers, board members and diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work late evening hours (online outreach, 9pm – 2am)
- Strong group facilitation skills with demonstrated experience facilitating groups.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Experience in public speaking considered an asset.
- Self-directed and able to take initiative.
- Ability to work with and be inclusive of diverse populations and groups.
- In-depth understanding of HIV/AIDS considered an asset.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office programs and navigating various social media sites.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR DESIGNATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be enrolled in or possess a post-secondary degree in social services and/or 1 year work experience in the social service sector working with marginalized populations.
- Must have a valid G Class driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume to Pauline Nash, Director of Education & Outreach, firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday December 15, 2017 at 5:00pm.