To all community service providers, partners and stakeholders,
The impact of COVID-19 continues to develop across our region, while we see community transition into Phase 2. We now know this pandemic will continue to impact our health and our community. As we look down the road to June 30th, we are now assessing what the next phase of our Pandemic Operations will look like. (July 6th to September 30th). As you may already know, our agency continues to remain nimble and transparent from the beginning of the pandemic while continuing our due diligence to monitor risk to the agency and to the health and well being of our employees, our volunteers, our peers and clients.
Please note effective July 6th until September 30th, 2020 our agency will make changes to our operations while remaining vigilant in the health and safety of our clients, staff, volunteers, and community. We continue with scaled back services and remote accessibility to align with community response and reduce the potential for transmission. We continue to monitor all levels of government and public health evidence and assess on-going communications. For now are projections for levels of disruption will be the next 13 weeks.
As a result of what we have learned, effective July 6th until September 30th our organization will be implementing the following procedures and protocols.
- The organization will continue with secure entrances (with the exception of the NSP) and screening protocols. Self screening will continue for staff, pre-screening & sanitization for any essential visitors, peers, clients scheduled by appointment when visiting the centre. New doorbells installed to notify staff of walk-in visitors.
- There will be enhanced sanitization resources available throughout the centre. PPE will be available and made mandatory for group meetings. Daily sanitization breaks. Staff will negotiate PPE consent with each other in a social distancing environment.
- Staff will meet visitors in the lobby and escort visitors to meeting space to avoid wandering through the building and reduce touch points. No more than two individuals in the elevator at a time.
- There will be limitations to Reception with the auto-attendant managing call direction.
- Education & Outreach Staff, Peer Programs, Fund Development, Managemet who are working remote will continue to work remote but will also have the option of working in-centre. This will continue to help with limitations on number of people in the building.
- Harm Reduction & Client Support Services will continue to provide in-centre support and/or outreach “porch drop” support
- Support Services will continue to operate with wellness checks, client support appointments will continue to be made primarily by phone. Should you require an in-centre meeting, please schedule an appointment prior to visiting our centre. Social Programs such as the Red Ribbon Cafe, Massage, Rekei and other close physical proximity touch services continue to be suspended to reduce number of people in the building and reduce risk.
- Volunteer engagement will continue with on-line support and communications, however there will be no in-centre volunteers unless there is a need to support a community initiative that requires training.
- All provincial and regional conferences and face to face workshops continue to be suspended
- All fund development and awareness campaigns are moving to on-line platforms mindful that they could be transitioned to in-person depending on up to date provincial and regional guidelines.
We acknowledge that many community services will move to phase2 and that there continues to be a push for other sectors to open doors and that this could lead to a sense of false security in the community which could potentially lead to a resurgence of COVID19 in our region.We continue to monitor evidence based surveillance and best practices such as social distancing, sanitization and PPE as a response to keeping our staff, clients and visitors safe and healthy. Our goal will be to continue to work with all of you as we move through the pandemic to create innovative solutions to sustaining services for the weeks, months and year to come.