Our Harm Reduction department focuses on mitigating the health risks associated with substance use to improve the overall health and quality of life of individuals and the community. Our core values include:
- A non-judgmental approach to program delivery that treats everyone with compassion and respect, regardless of circumstance and condition;
- Program delivery focused on enhancing the quality of life for individuals and communities alike;
- Empowering substance users to be the primary agents in reducing the harms of their substance use;
- Program delivery that recognizes the complex social factors that influence vulnerability to substance use and substance related harm, including poverty, social inequality, discrimination and trauma;
- Commitment to defending universal human rights.